1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bombing IS?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mullam, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mullam

Mullam Occasional commenter

Our illustrious PM seems very keen on bombing Syria. Why? All it will do is make the UK an even bigger and more immediate target for IS! Goodness knows how many terrorists he has let in, and continues to let in through not standing up to Brussels and closing the borders, yet he wants to make the terrorists even angrier. Cameron has had the cheek to call Corbyn a terrorist sympathiser. I think Camoron needs to look in the mirror!

midnight_angel likes this.
  2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

My objections are not so much about making us a target - we already are and possibly always will be. I take issue with the innocent people who are being used as human shields and will certainly die. I take issue with how the previous interventions have made situations worse at the cost of many lives. I take issue with the fact that ISIS WANT to demonise the West and therefore welcome this action.

I am not a terrorist sympathiser. I just don't think that this is the way to tackle ISIS.

midnight_angel and ScotSEN like this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Link?

Just there was a claim online that the French hit a hospital... only to be discredited two days later...

Disturbing picture either way.

midnight_angel and silvaran like this.
  4. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

"Apparently" being the crux word here.

They could have just as easily been killed by Daesh terrorists. Isn't it odd that the "bombing" has removed a victim's limbs and yet the clothing is largely intact?

5. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

That image is also ascribed to the syrian houla massacre (2012) both in the press in this country and elsewhere

6. silvaran

silvaran Occasional commenter

Its disturbing and shocking but did the photo really need to be posted? The posting of this just defeats the rational in favor of the visceral. And why does it take an allegation of a French bomb rather than a routine daesh mass infanticide (more likely the genuine event) for such an audience as this to be targeted with this image?

midnight_angel and Alf58 like this.
  7. Erin_Rhys

Erin_Rhys Occasional commenter

You shouldn't post such photographs expecially when it is a misrepresentation. That photograph is no such thing and has been available online since 2001/12

8. Didactylos4

Perhaps, given the clearly dubious validity of the image, the poster might ask for it to be removed

kibosh and les25paul like this.
  9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Indeed @silvaran how much coverage has there been of the mass graves in northern Iraq where the Yazidi victims are being unearthed?

Barely gets a mention in our media and on here it is only mentioned to justify bombing Syria.

midnight_angel and kibosh like this.
  10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Interestingly the Houla massacre was likely perpetrated [Damascus disputes hence my use of 'likely'] by forces friendly to the Assad regime, a regime we are about to initiate military action in defence of [although we won't couch it in those terms].

So we'll be defending one group of mass murderers against another group of mass murderers... go us!

kibosh likes this.
  11. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I have done so (as l can't remove it myself).

It is being widely circulated on social media as showing the results of recent bombing.

les25paul likes this.
  12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah Frank, always be sure to check anything you see on FB... it be a hotbed of sin and liars! :(

13. Didactylos4

Thanks

I know
    Which is why I checked so carefully before commenting.
    For the record whenever I see such things I now use "search by image" on google and similar functions elsewhere as I too have been misled in the past

14. Mullam

Mullam Occasional commenter

If we bomb ISIS, they WILL attack us without hesitation. We have let - correction - Camoron has let potentially thousands of terrorists into the UK and continues to do so. Why doesn't he take military action against all the fit, healthy, angry young men who sneak into Britain every day? I'm all in favour of a show of force in that respect. The sheer lunacy of letting terrorists into our country then aggravating them is beyond my comprehension. Only an idiot would do that. Oh, yeah, I just remembered who's in charge. HE is the danger to this country, just as Tony B. Liar was when he pushed us into war with Iraq. We've been a target since then, and now Dave wants to make it worse. I don't want the UK to be 'part of the international community'. I want us out of it!

midnight_angel likes this.
  15. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

If you're desperate to see people doing bad things in Syria/Iraq then Liveleak is one of your best options.

Here you can view gruesome videos featuring Assad troops, the FSA, ISIS etc and others including the results of airstrikes, at your leisure. I don't recommend it though. However, it does get it into your brain just how much of a crazy, crazy place populated by some very, very angry people it is.

16. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

However even if we don't bomb Daesh, they WILL still attempt to attack us without reason. The fact that we are a Western society is enough for them and they are not in the "tit for tat" business.

I agree that bombing alone will not solve the problem but it is one of many steps that will degrade and eventually destory Daesh with the participation of the International community you (but not many others) want no part of.

Immigration is another issue and worth a tread all of its own.

midnight_angel, Alf58 and Didactylos4 like this.
  17. silvaran

yes the unquestioning gaze of the social media user/poster/re-tweeter. How pure my emotions are as I cried so hard about such terrible things the West is doing. but I feel good having cried and re-tweeted. The most important word of all being 'I'

kibosh and Didactylos4 like this.
  18. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

France was attacked by French people
    The UK 7-7 attacks were by English people
    The Tunisian attacks were by a Tunisian
    They were planned in those countries.

9/11 was planned and carried out mostly by Saudis
    Saudis fund ISIS
    Qatar funds ISIS
    Turkey buys ISIS oil
    These are our allies.

Bombing a few vehicles in Syria will do nothing to address the problem in any meaningful way - it has been happening for years already in Iraq and hasn't made a difference, other than to create more hatred, more angry people and more chaos

19. silvaran

Belgians attacked France, The RAF should be bombing the suburbs of Bruxelles.
    You have forgotten about Mr Cameron's 70,000 Syrian allies...... some of who, as well as the Kurds, buy oil off ISIS, some of that oil even ends up in Israel.

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Finally... revenge on Belgium!

If only I could resurrect my anti- Belgium thread.