1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bollinger or Pol Roger?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Which one would you prefer to receive as a present on Christmas Day?
    My lovely friend and her family are going to be given one by a very gracious Tassiegirl.
    I would like to give them the best one, though other than the similar price, I really have no idea which one is better?
    Opinons, please!

2. I like Pol Roger very much and have Bollinger just once ... over-rated I thought

3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Do you know for sure that they like champagne?

4. Yep! They love it

5. Pol Roger.
    Although I wouldn't say no to Bollinger, either!

6. Without a doubt Pol Roger.
    What a lovely friend you are!

7. peninhair - love the name and avatar! I often still have mine in my hair on the tube home :)
    Just out of interest, why is the Pol Roger better?

8. I quite often "tie" my hair up with a pen, kind of chop stick style, when working at the computer [​IMG]
    I find Pol Roger a bit "juicier" and not so dry on the mouth.
    I think it was a favourite of Winston Churchill. At least I seem to remember reading somewhere that he liked his Pol Roger.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I think Winny liked anything containing alcohol! [​IMG]

10. Like most things of this matter it is a personal choice. If they like Chapagne that much they will enjoy either one after all it's the thought behind it and the experience of drinking it and not the price tag.
    Everyone can have opinons - but its the thought that counts!

11. Yes, you are probably right there!

12. I hope they will like it. I must say, I'm not a champagne conoisseur (sp). I know what I like and what I don't. I know when you drink the real stuff all night, the hangover is very minor in the morning [​IMG]

13. Thank you Tassiegirl, I often end up with 3 or 4 stuck through my ponytail and wonder why I get some strange looks in the supermarket.

Pol Roger is a blend of all 3 of the grapes used in champagne (Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay). In Pol Roger the blend is very equal which is what creates the lovely taste.

For a lesser budget M&S champagne is also a very balanced blend.

14. inky

inky Lead commenter

Roederer is a lovely Champagne.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I think Belle de Jour is the resident champagne expert.