1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bodhran and frame drum workshops

Discussion in 'Music' started by benedict16, May 9, 2011.

1. I am a DT/Music teacher and have gradually been developing a range of frame drums, cajons, bodhrans etc and have been running workshops in schools with up to 30 pupils at a time. Im also developing a scheme of work and supporting CD/DVD to accompany it for after the workshop as well as a set of drums, beaters and a bag for the whole lot. I was just wondering what the thoughts might be from others regarding this. The website is www.boomtastidrums.com if you want to look.

2. What an excellent idea - the frame drum is one of the great instruments of the world. If it's not universal, it must be nearly so, and a part most flavours of shamanism. A pretty good cross-curricular activity if I'm ever allowed to teach a lesson or two on primitive religion and perhaps good for anyone teaching Neolithic history. Not being a historian, I don't know if anyone is doing this, but we did a little when I was in Yr 7 - many moons ago.