1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boardworks

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by DaisysLot, Apr 4, 2011.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Money for old rope! Nothing much on there that you can't either create yourself or find a webpage on....

2. I use Boardworks a lot as part of my lessons. You have to use it selectively because it has very useful illustrations and short video extracts which can be used to demonstrate a specific technique such as hot-seating. There are a wide range of materials at KS3 based on masks, commedia dell'arte, ***** Russell's Blood Brothers and other topics and projects. At KS4 there is a very useful mapping table for the three examination boards and all the links to the materials are clearly indicated. The point about Boardworks is that it can be used selectively during lessons; it is easily accessible by the students themselves and it provides a mult-media approach to the lessons.

I think it is too easy to be dismissive of the material. I can't think of any drama book I have used over the years that is the solution to all my problems or the answer to all my needs as a drama teacher. Be a magpie - use what is relevant to your projects and lessons. Adapt the material and powerpoint presentations to suit your specific needs. Boardworks allows for a very flexible approach and should be quite inspiring!