1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Boarding Schools Reopening

Discussion in 'Independent' started by andywhizz1, May 21, 2020.

1. andywhizz1

andywhizz1 New commenter

Hi. I would be interested to know how other boarding schools are planning for the return of students. We are remote teaching for the rest of this term. Lots of discussion on ways to ensure safety of students and staff at my school currently with the overseas students returning 2 weeks earlier if they are required to go into quarantine and no Autumn half term break currently being considered with teaching all the way through to Christmas break. Very difficult to plan so far ahead but would be good to hear strategies being considered.

2. SiriusB

SiriusB New commenter

What’s the reasoning behind no autumn half term? I can’t imagine having no break until Christmas, especially in a boarding school where there are lessons until later in the evening and sometimes even Saturdays ...

3. CabbageWhite20

CabbageWhite20 Occasional commenter

Quarantine maybe meaning they couldn’t fly home and return. But yes, that would be a long slog.

4. andywhizz1

andywhizz1 New commenter

I think that this is because overseas students will have to stay in the UK and we might break up early for the Christmas vacation. Nothing fixed in stone yet but I understand the idea behind it.