1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blue Monday

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Durc09, Jan 17, 2011.

1. So apparently it is the most depressing day of the year today- I'll be honest im more in a grump than depressed but is that because it actually is the most depressing day of the year or just because I was annoyed by half 7 this morning and when a mood starts that early it sticks! Anyone else feeling blue?

2. It's my birthday so I'm feeling pretty good. This constant rain is a bit of a downer though.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Well I woke up this mo'nin
    Ironed my shirt 'n' cleaned my shoes
    Woah yeah
    Yes I woke up this mo'nin
    Ironed my shirt 'n' cleaned my shoes
    (You hear me talkin' momma?)
    But the damn phone didn't ring
    So now I got them ain't got no supply teachin' Monday blues
    Woaaaaah yeeeeeeeah.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Sun is shining. Its a nice day. Get over it.

6. It's GORGEOUS here, and I for one am in a great mood.

tra la la!

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Well I spent part of last night booking ferries for the Easter and Summer hols, so I have no real reason to feel down, but I couldn't resist the John Lee Hooker moment above. Woah Yeah. ;-)

8. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Mixed mood today - no work so managed a gym class and a walk home (good, feel great after exercise). Got very very wet in downpour (not good) BUT missed a call from agency while in gym and now have two weeks work booked (only TA work 'tho). Will enjoy rest of day knowing I have some work arranged. It is hard to stay happy in this gloomy weather with no money either.

9. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I'm actually feeling pretty damn fine today!

10. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

Nice try -doesn't work for me found it quite irritating. Any other suggestions? The sunshine today though is definitely a plus and it is true about summer though half term is closer to focus on.[​IMG]