1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blubby mummy!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lovestrawbarries, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hello everyone, I have not posted before so feel a bit mad for introducing myself by starting a thread. But anyways, I need advice.
    I had my little one just over 11 months ago and have been struggling very recently with losing last bit of weight. I seem to have stalled completely. I am 5'5 and weigh ten stone. At full term I was up to fourteen and a half (and HUGE!) I am almost back to the nine stone I was previously, just one last (impossible) stone to lose.
    I have tried everything, I exercise for over an hour three mornings a week (cardio and weights - doing plank for core strength etc) and take little one out at least twice a day everyday. In total walking just over 4 miles. Up until the last few days I have a very healthy diet. Recently, I have just eaten everything in sight in pure frustration, stupid I know! Luckily I didn't put any weight back on, but I just wanna see results which is not going to happen by doing this. I fit my pre pregnancy scarlet jeans from oasis which are a size ten but I cannot wear nice fitted tops with them due to a bit of podgy mummy tummy spilling at top. Apart from that they are, as they were before very comfortable.
    I know that to many this will be trivial nonsense but I am going back to school soon and just want to feel as good in my clothes as I did before.
    Thanks [​IMG]
    strawbs

2. Hello,
    Dont feel bad for posting a thread about this as I think nearly every new mum will be feeling the same!
    Im in a similar postition, I weigh just under 10 stone and I am 5f 6'...I USED to weigh just over 8 stone so I feel your pain. I do know that weight is not really achieveable and looking back at pics I was a bit too thin but I still want to get to 9 stoneish. I used to go to the gym every morning before school and tried to carry on into preganacny, however that dropped off by 5 months or so!
    I dont really have much advice as you seem to be doing a lot of exercise and were eating healthily...but maybe the type of exercise you are doing could be adapted? I know this as I used to plod away doing cardio and weights before preganacy and did get results but my partner has paid for 2 sessions a week with a PT for me as a present and the difference in exercise and results is amazing! I now do tabata type exercises and lots and lots of circuit type routines. Google tabata and maybe speak to a PT at the gym to write another programme for you.
    But to be honest I think you have done fab to lose the amount of weight that you have...its blimming hard to find time and motivation with a baby!
    Good luck