1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blu Ray player Help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Ok, so I have recently invested in a bluray player and a lovefilm account. Every time I watch a lovefilm disc, I get skipping or complete stopping of the disc anywhere between 40 mins and 50 mins in and sometimes it gets so bad I have to give up. I initially thought it was the discs but I either have VERY bad luck to keep getting poor quality discs or it's the player. Any ideas?

2. Ok, so I have recently invested in a bluray player and a lovefilm account. Every time I watch a lovefilm disc, I get skipping or complete stopping of the disc anywhere between 40 mins and 50 mins in and sometimes it gets so bad I have to give up. I initially thought it was the discs but I either have VERY bad luck to keep getting poor quality discs or it's the player. Any ideas?

3. Should've watched Das Boot on Film4... ;-)
    Sorry, this is not helpful at all (I blame the Prosecco). *smacks own wrist*
    Try buying a brand new bluray disc and see if this works in your player. If not, then it's probably time to exercise your warranty rights. If it does work, then it's probably the discs from LoveFilm.
    Not very technical, but that's what I'd do.

4. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks. Just bloody annoying when I start getting into a film, I feel unable to finish it as it's so annoying!

5. Oh, yes - I know! Can you stream it as part of your LoveFilm package instead?

6. I can now my internet is upgraded but I think I still need to pay each time that way. Bloody technology. I am getting really f.ing angry as I am enjoying this film but it pauses every 30 seconds!

7. Bah! Not good. :-(
    MOTD's on BBC1... ;-)

8. Ugh lol

9. Anything looks good after half a bottle of Prosecco!
    (I gave up on Das Boot when I realised it was 4 BLOODY HOURS long!)
    Think I'll have a pop at one of my online assessments. I'm feeling bold... [​IMG]

10. Goodness, is that wise lol?!

11. Probably... not! Ha, ha! :-D
    'Conflict of Interest' & 'Money Laundering' are subjects best dealt with when stone cold sober. ;-)

12. Well in better news, I wiped the disc a second time and (touch wood), we have lift off again. Still about an hour of film to go though. Just realised Dad is coming over to fix a curtain rail to the wall for me in the morning and I haven't sanded down and painted said wall like I said I would - eek.

13. We have had lots of problems with lovefilm discs. On the package we have with them, we can stream (at least some things) for free. Having said that, we are cancelling it this weekend because so many of the things we want to watch are "unavailable" - the previous series of Bones, several (old) Shakespeare films, etc...

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Whilst your problem sounds consistent enough to be the player, it has to be said that Lovefilm discs aren't always in the best condition. Next time, before playing try wiping the underside of the disc with a dab of neat washing up liquid on a kitchen towel, then rinse it off and dry it thoroughly. That's saved one or two truncated movies for us on occasions.

15. Thanks for the tips!

16. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Please can you let me know how to cancel?

17. Usually you go into my account or a similar section