1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bloody Google

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by bogstandardcomp, Nov 23, 2011.

1. bogstandardcomp

bogstandardcomp New commenter

Putting that interactive game on their homepage, ruined my lessons

2. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

Really, never tried the whole "dont go on that website!" thing. I hope your classroom has no windows or items of bright colour that might also distract pupils.[​IMG]

3. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

Haha

I really like it, it's great! Completely HTML5, no Flash at all.

The whole "game" only takes 5 minutes or so to complete anyway!

4. Is that the new try-to-get-Google-to-show-what-you've-searched-for game?
    I'm just about to suggest to a colleague that she use Logo to investigate the external angles in polygons, and wanted to find a web-based Logo so that we don't need to install MSW Logo.
    I searched for on-line logo angles and nearly all of the results were about angels with no mention of angles. It didn't even do that "Did you mean angels?" business at the top - it just gave me the wrong thing.

5. Whilst it isn't impossible, Logo is difficult because until the advent of Canvas in HTML 5 there is no regularised way of drawing an arbitrary line - thanks to IE again.
    There are several here http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LOGO but be careful about browser compatibility. CurlyLogo (for example) requires xulrunner (e.g. Firefox in practice) so no IE. Some may require Canvas.
    It may well be worth looking at Flash versions too.

6. Just run a locally hosted copy of the google homepage on your servers and set that as the default homepage, job done (and no annoying logo/animations ever)

7. What game?