1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blood Test.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by welshchocoholic1, Feb 16, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

I have to have a blood test for various things, but they can't do it do it out of school hours. They are open longer, but the blood tests finish at 3.20pm. School finishes at 3.15pm I am only on a temporary contract at a school, and have only been there since January, I don't want to ask for time off. Had to refuse the first appointment. I don't drive, and it takes me about an hour to get there and back. I have always managed to get blood tests/hospital appointments outside of school hours before. Not sure why I'm posting this but ggrr!

2. Just ask? Explain it as you did above! People soemtimes have to have appointments during school hours! I try to get bloods done first thing / last thing so I'm not faffing around running there and back in the middle of the day.

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Is there not an Assembly in the morning one day when you can come in a little later. Or perhaps some PPA time they will let you have at the end of the day. If you need a blood test then you need a blood test, just tell them and perhaps they can work something out for you - management has a duty of care even if you are on a temporary contract.

4. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

If you really don't want to leave a bit early you can get the blood test taken at the hospital instead if that makes it easier.

5. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

I agree with Torey, i need to have some blood tests and i work from 8-6 which is a bit of a pain. I checked my local hospital online and the plobotemy ( can't spell it) dept is open from 8-5.30 monday -Friday and also on Saturday mornings. I don't need to book i just have to turn up and wait. Makes life a lot easier, so check your local hospital to see if they offer that service too [​IMG]

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Thank you all for your advice and help[​IMG]! Forgot about PPA, but I think going to the hospital might be a better idea (Even though I hate hospitals!.) I didn't know you could do this.
    I'll check it - thanks.