1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blogging

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by evilpixie, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Does anyone know where I can set up a blog for KS3 kids without e-mail?
    I've got a wiki set up (wikispaces.com) but was ideally after a proper blog
    Ta
    Kim

2. If you have a gmail account you can use plus addressing...

The idea is that the blog sees myemail@gmail.com and myemail+pupil1@gmail.com as different, but gmail doesn't - so you get lots of lots of accounts from one email address. Failing that, you could host your own Wordpress or Wordpress-µ site.

3. Cheers! Will look into these.
    As a PGCE student I'd rather not have "links" as such so I can leave it behind me when I go in June but I still want to get the kids using different technology

4. You could always create a new gmail account and leave the login details behind when you go...

5. is this using blogger then? (seeing as Google bought that?)

6. Personally I would consider Posterous for sheer ease of use, but you can use plus addressing for any site that requires email signup.

7. Worth a check - do you run Moodle as your VLE? If so they already have a blog each which aggregates into a central feed! If you don't run Moodle, perhaps your current VLE has a blog plugin?

8. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

9. Fab thanks!
    The school doesn't have a VLE and although Uni give us a Moodle (for an assignment!) it's and old version (1.8) and the URL is as long as your arm. Plus I couldn't leave it behind.

My other choice was to use wiki spaces which is e-mail free for k12 but that's not the same as a blog!

Cheers