1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

blender

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by djphillips1408, Jul 8, 2011.

1. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Anyone been using this with kids and if so how has it gone?
    Does anyone have links to any video tutorials they have found online that are good, I know there are a lot out there but wondered if anyone had discovered any gems...

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gm8T-YNX84&feature=fvst

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

a useful response would be appreciated....

4. Crikey,
    Something else I had to look up!
    Not a helpful response, I know.

5. Only sketchup and sketchy phsyics so far, would like to have another look at blender tho, older groups maybe, let me know if you have any luck...

6. oc7

oc7 New commenter

Another not so helpful response but just to say that three of my S4s (Y11) used Blender for their final project and all managed to produce something decent by following video tutorials and experimenting. Two of them were working together and one on his own. The two together made a "Perry the Platipus" whilst the lone student was working on a mountain bike which he didn't finish in the time available.

7. Very much an extension / G&T / after school type of activity IMO. I've done a few things, shown a few kids a few things, but it's the kind of application that sucks vast quantities of time away and you'll only get something out of it if you really get into it and beat that learning curve. It is very nice though, just perhaps not suited to Y8...