1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blended Learning

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by MilkyBar Kid, May 25, 2020.

1. MilkyBar Kid

MilkyBar Kid Occasional commenter

Or jotters in the liquidizer if you prefer. Up and down the country LAs are frantically trying to work out what this looks like and how it will work out in practice. Education Scotland are panicking since they are going to have to do what they should have been doing years ago and produce some high quality, easily accessible, stage appropriate resources, linked to BGE and NQs.
    This has some mileage if done well, though it can't obviously replicate the classroom, and still won't engage the disaffacted no matter how many free devices you throw at them.
    I suspect LAs will be looking to use it to find ways to save money in the long term, e.g. blended learning one day a week for senior pupils. Won't save much I know but we're looking at a few more years of austerity after this is all over with no public sector wage rises, apart from NHS.
    Any thoughts?

bigjimmy2 likes this.
  2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

1) Yes, it's gonna be a massive failure.

2) It's not gonna be Education Scotland's fault.

sicilypat likes this.
  3. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

I have been creating blended materials for computing courses around the world for the last 10 years including n4,n5,higher and AH. My team in the Highlands got better results than the high schools we delivered to.
    I am happy to take a huge wad of cash to advise Education Scotland

4. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

I am happy to take a huge wad of cash to disband Education Scotland

The chocolate teapot of educational support organisations

aypi, alexmurraybrown and bigjimmy2 like this.