1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bleeding piles

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by rosievoice, Nov 23, 2011.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

See your GP.

2. I think it is common for piles to bleed so I wouldnt worry too much, however, I think you should see your GP just to make sure, especially if this is something new for you.

3. A saucer of all bran for breakfast every morning will sometimes sort out piles.

4. If you haven't tried any treatment, you could try an over the counter remedy for a few days before seeing the doctor. You can get suppositories or creams from the chemist or supermarket.
    Definitely see your doctor if you've tried them for a few days and they haven't solved the problem though.

5. I think I have the same problem. I went to GPs and now I have to go for a barium enema. Really terrified. Doctor said she is sure it's nothing to worry about but I have had various bowel problems for a lot of years so just to be on the safe side she has referred me. If you are quite young a quick examination is probably all it needs for the doctor to confirm it. Please go and don't be embarrassed. In the meantime whilst waiting for an appointment make sure your stools are soft. I take psyllium husk it goes under the name of lepicol. It is a soluble fibre and it is amazing how well it works. I started on 2 teaspoons in the morning and 2 at night and have managed to get it down to 1 in the morning and 1 at night. Also buy some suppositories and use them at night and after your bowel movement. It will help to lubricate any hard stools and protect your piles from bleeding and hopefully shrink them. Good luck and don't worry!!!