1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

bleeding after menopause

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by gudrun, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gudrun

gudrun New commenter

not sure why i am posting as hospital are sorting me out hopefully..just wondered if anyone had anything similar..
    finished tamoxifen about 6 months ago..after 5 years on it due to mastectomy/chemotherapy/breast cancer [hormone related]....a few weeks ago thought i has a urine infection went to doctor because of stomach cramps...said it was like period pains as well but gp poo-poohed that idea as i have not had a period since my chemo and i have gone through menopause [although it was sort of forced on me due to treatment so i was never] sure it was a real one.....then i started bleeding really really heavily just like a bad period for about 5 days.....sent up to hosp had the ultrasound and internal and biopsy and now just have to wait for results....my womb lining was a lot thicker than it should have been..they have said not fibroids or polyps..sent off sample for testing...i saw endometrial cancer as one of the options written down..they just said wait and see......not too worried but if it is period they will have to stop as a] hormones come back and b]blooming inconveniant and expensive..i can't believe how much a packet of bodyform was now!!

i think i am just asking if anyone who has been through chemo/tamoxifen has had their periods back after such a time ....or if they have endometrial cancer what were the signs/symptoms......apparently i will get the results in january..happy christmas!!!

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

:( I dunno..... but my dr told me I was post-menopausal last year (from blood test results), and I have spent the last 9 months having regular, painful periods. Honestly, I don't think they know.