1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

bleeding after exercise (one for the ladies!)

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by chocolate_cupcake, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Sorry if this is a TMI post! Recently after exercising I have been getting a bit of bleeding, especially after running. I am on the pill but am very careful not to miss any and I take it at the same time everyday. I have been going through a hard, stressful time recently but feel well in myself (apart from feeling tired, but that's teaching for you!). Has anyone else had this? I don't like Googling medical complaints as you always seem to come across stories of doom and gloom! Had a recent smear test which came back clear so it can't be anything dodgy there. I have never experienced this until recently.

2. I should add, I'm DEFINITELY not pregnant!

3. inq

inq

I had a similar thing and it was a cervical erosion - which was cut out with a 'large electric cheesewire' (consultants description). I'd also had a clear smear test less than a year earlier.
    I'd pop along and ask your GP!

4. I had something similar. Except it was after doing somthing else [​IMG]. I had a clear smear, yet was referred to a gynecologist as I bled a little during smear testing. It turned out it was something called ectropion (same as previous post) which was treated on the day and told it was nothing serious to worry about. However,I would go to the GP to get it sorted asap. Hope this helps.

5. Thanks all :) I have aerobics tomorrow so if it is still the same then, I will book an appointment. I hate going to the doctors, I have been there loads recently and I wonder if he'll think I'm a hypochondriac!

6. Better a live hypochondriac than a dead stoic.