1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bladder problems

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Miss2012, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Ok all you ladies of a certain age might be able to help me with my problem. You know what I am going to say.
    Late 40's, hysterectomy a while ago and I wee alot. And sometimes its a close thing getting to the loo on time.
    I have an appointment with Dr but not for another 2 weeks (non priority appointment it seems) but just wondered if anyone knows of any over the counter medication that might help.
    Have tried pelvic floor exercises since Christmas and although love a cuppa dont drink loads.
    But I can produce a full bladder every 30 mins ! [​IMG]
    Its rather getting me down.

2. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I have bumped a thread up which may give you some advice - it's called "Bladder surgery for those who can't go on a trampoline"

3. Hi, I've just posted on something similar on the menopause thread so looked at this out of interest. I too need the loo far too regularly. My g.p. says as I have no infection that it is menopause related caused by dryness around the entrance to the bladder. I take black cohosh for menopause in general and have upped the dose slightly. There does seem to have been a small improvement but maybe it just got better by itself. If you are desperate you might want to try it. Good Luck

4. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Try Red Clover. It mimics oestrogen, and may help with the "trampolining".

5. No amount of red clover will help with the trampolining, HRT is really good for dryness but I know many people are reluctant to take it.
    Many years ago my GP, a lovely man might I add, likened my post baby state to knicker elastic. Once it's perished it will not spring back. [​IMG]

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm the one who started the 'trampoline' thread and have had the surgery. You won't need loads of time off. It can be done under a local anaesthetic. I had it done under GA (my choice) and spent on night in hospital and was back to normal in a couple of days. It really is the only solution.

7. You were lucky belle, my sister had a repair and was unable to lift anything, couldn't drive for six weeks and had about six weeks off work. ??

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I think it depends on what kind of repair you have. Mine was a TVT and is known to be very quick in the recovery phase.