1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blackwell Spelling

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kfergie, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Does anyone have the teacher book for the Blackwell spelling kit? I really need the bit which tells you how to convert their score into which phase cards they start on. The only copy I had seems to have gone walkabout while I was on maternity leave! I know it's an old scheme but I've tried everywhere to get hold of it with no success.
    [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wow do schools still have this? An excellent scheme, which unfortunately is no longer produced- I've checked. So hope someone can help you. Wish I still had the materials, had actually thought about trying to produce my own, but it's finding the time!

3. I've got word documents of all of the cards and tests etc if you are interested?

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Very interested kfergie.
    I used to find them invaluable and now with all this personalised learning definitelt think they could come into their own.
    Only problem is copyright issue. I can't seem to be able to buy them, so I presume it would be ok?

5. I would really appreciate a copy of the words / cards etc that you have - I have been trying to repurchase Blackwell spelling box for months - I used to use it so well many years ago - it is an excellent resource - many many thanks:

my email address is:

fairwaysfamily@ntlworld.com

6. hi i know this was posted a while ago but i am working with a student that has a very low spelling age and i wondered if it would be possible to have a copy of your blackwell spellings. i have searched everywhere for these but they seem no longer available to buy.

if you could supply me with these i would pay for any postage cost of the copies.
    thank you
    sharon waters

7. I have been trying to purchase this kit again (for years), It really is an excellent scheme. I would appreciate any help with word documents if they are still available.

8. Hi Karen
    I've just Googled Blackwell Spelling Kit placement test and your letter came up, so I'm trying you. I teach in New Zealand now but I have the kit here. However, I cannot find the placement test and the 'where to place them' list anywhere. If you possibly could, I would be really grateful if you could email them to me.
    My home email address is
    lindsaynew@xtra.co.nz
    Thanks in advance
    Lindsay Newton

9. Hi,

I would be interested to see what this is all about if you don't mind emailing a copy?

ashtonjoanne@hotmail.com

10. Hi there ! I'm desperate to get a copy of the Blackwell Spelling tests or word lists - today if at all posiible. I would be so grateful if anyone could e mail me these as word documents etc as soon as possible. many, many thanks in advance for your help. My e mail is

annemariebarr67@yahoo.co.uk

11. Hi there ! I'm desperate to get a copy of the Blackwell Spelling tests or word lists - today if at all posiible. I would be so grateful if anyone could e mail me these as word documents etc as soon as possible. many, many thanks in advance for your help. My e mail is
    Hi there ! I'm desperate to get a copy of the Blackwell Spelling tests or word lists - today if at all posiible. I would be so grateful if anyone could e mail me these as word documents etc as soon as possible. many, many thanks in advance for your help. My e mail is

12. Please do you still have the list of Blackwell words. I am a headteacher and need this for my school. Will be veryg grateful for your help. Thanks.My email is as below. Thanks
    Saroj
    headteacher@richardwakefield.staffs.sch.uk

13. I know the original thread was posted over 4 years ago but if you still have any of the Blackwell Spelling could you please email it to me. My address is jennie.peacock@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks in advance

14. Hello - I know this was originally posted years ago but I remember this scheme from school and it's excellent. If you have a copy of the word cards and tests that you could send me, I'd be really grateful! My e-mail address is angelamackay88@icloud.com

Thanks!

15. Has anyone has emails / a response to this? Looking for a spelling programme and this looked interesting. Being a four year old thread, I'm not sure if anyone has anything anymore, just wanted to check in case!