1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blackwell Spelling lists

Discussion in 'Primary' started by melonhurry, Dec 8, 2017.

1. melonhurry

melonhurry New commenter

Does anyone have a copy of the Blackwell spelling lists they could email me?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Have you looked in TES resources @melonhurry ?

Spelling Test and Spelling Age Assessment
    The Blackwell spelling test with sentences including the words and instructions on how to award marks.

Blackwell Spelling Lists
    Work books for lower ability pupils. I use these with my special education class. The levels go red-orange-yellow-violet-blue-khaki-black.

Perhaps these may help - both resources are free to download.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Dolly45

Dolly45 New commenter

Hi there
    Please could someone clear up the marking scheme on the Blackwell Spelling test - as we have interpreted 'getting 5 words wrong in a row'. If they get lets say 2 words wrong but then the next few correct to continue counting until they get 5 consecutive words incorrect. I think this may be wrong, as we have some rather good spelling ages for some children.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

When I used the test (some time ago now) it was definitely 5 consecutive words.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. just_teach

just_teach New commenter

Hi there. Did you ever get hold of these? I'm desperately looking into this and cannot find anything on the internet at all besides from a book in Australia! I find it strange we all use Blackwell's test as a bench mark but aren't guided by his spelling lists in teaching.

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Marlin has linked to it in TES resources!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I had a quick look but the resource wouldn't download properly and then my computer warned me opening it could damage my computer. :eek: I did think about sending a message to tes, but then thought it might just be my problem, rather than with the resource itself.

8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Oh ******. Sorry Laura! It worked for me ...