1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

blacklisting?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sparklyrainbowfish, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hi - can anyone shed any light on this for me.
    I have heard that blacklisting takes place, but I don't know on what grounds or for how long.
    This is the short version - when I started teaching a few years ago I had a bad experience early in and was negotiated out of my contract by my union. I picked myself up again and started teaching in a different area, where I have happily taught successfully since (more than one school).
    I am looking for promotion opportunities and one job I really want is in the LA where I had the bad start. Are they likely to have blacklisted me? Is there any way I can check? And if so for how long? The school I want to apply to is a VA school but I have to apply online so I presume it will go through HR as normal.
    Should I be worried?

2. That's very helpful Theo, thank you [​IMG]

3. tp567

tp567 New commenter

Hi,
    I was bullied in my first year of teaching by an HT (it was an outstanding school... ) I had to get out of my contract with the support of my union simlar to yourself. I was fortunate that i had worked with another local head and she offered me some long term sick and maternity cover in her school. I continued to work in the LA for 3 years and have recently returned, nothing seems to have come of the first bad experience... hope this helps.

4. thanks tp - very heartening to hear your success story. [​IMG]
    Now to keep my fingers crossed for my application