1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blackberry

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Miss2012, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Am going to get hubby a blackberry for his birthday. I have asked him "which one" but he says "surprise me".

Any tips on which one and also what sort of best deal for a package?
    Is it better to buy handset and then do a monthly something or do monthly only?
    Any suggestions welcomed before I set off for shopping mall next week!
    Miss

2. Am going to get hubby a blackberry for his birthday. I have asked him "which one" but he says "surprise me".

Any tips on which one and also what sort of best deal for a package?
    Is it better to buy handset and then do a monthly something or do monthly only?
    Any suggestions welcomed before I set off for shopping mall next week!
    Miss

3. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Never had a Blackberry but when researching recently, I liked the look of the 9780 which is smallish and has a keyboard and touchscreen. There is no direct answer to pricing as it depends how your hubby will use it, but I always buy unlocked phones and use Giffgaff payg which is v generous even for £10 pm. I've never found a phone contract that would be cheaper over the contract length. Also I never like the idea of phone companies hamstringing good phones by locking out features and putting their proprietry software on. There are plenty of comparison websites to give you a head start. Good luck.

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Didn't I hear on the news this week that Blackberry were withdrawing from the personal phone market to concentrate on business machines? Something about not being able to compete with Ithingy and android phones.

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yep. Might mean they're going cheap though as not many people will be wanting them now.

6. lol bet hubby ready that too.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

This would surprise him
    [​IMG]

8. OMG what on earth is that!!!

9. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Blackberries are for teenagers. Get him a grown up phone - an iphone!