1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Blackberries

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by cosmos, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I have been organising my freezer and have found bags and bags of blackberries that I would like to turn into a pudding for lunch tomorrow - any ideas? I can only think of crumble at the moment and I'd like to do something different. My brain is blank (and that's before wine....there is no hope) and I can't think.

2. I have been organising my freezer and have found bags and bags of blackberries that I would like to turn into a pudding for lunch tomorrow - any ideas? I can only think of crumble at the moment and I'd like to do something different. My brain is blank (and that's before wine....there is no hope) and I can't think.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

A blackberry sponge pudding. Just put a sponge mixture on top and bake.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Cobbler!

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

You could do some spiced baked apples and add some blackberries to the mix?
    Perhaps a cheesecake? Or you could add them to a Summer Pudding?
    My S-in-L makes what she calls a "fluff" with frozen raspberries. Its very nice and very creamy. I could ask her for the recipe if you wanted?
    This is hard - I keep wanting to say apple and blackberry crumble!

6. Trifle.
    Or a syllabub.
    Or a sabbioni with a pureed blackberry sauce.
    Or a Summer bread pudding.
    Or make a blackberry sorbet.
    Or a cheesecake.
    Or a blackberry tiramisu.
    Or a blackberry Eton mess.
    Or pannacotta with blackberry sauce.

7. Or a blackberry and chocolate souffle.

8. Brilliant suggestions all. I'm going with the blackberry sponge and will make proper custard. Just the weather for it too - bleugh!
    Thank you - when the new blackberries are out (have you seen the size of them - already) I'll try some of the other ideas.