1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Black Swan? Who's seen it? What did you think?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lardylegs, Feb 4, 2011.

1. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Me, I was fairly freaked out. Why was that film only a 15? Because they had their clothes on during the lesbian sex scene? How scary was all that stabbing stuff?
    Yes, she was very good in the part. But it was all so creepy....

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Me, I was fairly freaked out. Why was that film only a 15? Because they had their clothes on during the lesbian sex scene? How scary was all that stabbing stuff?
    Yes, she was very good in the part. But it was all so creepy....

3. impis

impis New commenter

My son and future DIL went to see it and said it was a load of rubbish. Son said that he kept expecting an explanation or something which would tie together all the random scenes at the beginning, but there was nothing. There seemed to be no storyline, and there was no proper ending. He said he couldn't understand why the critics loved it as it was just arty farty tosh.
    I haven't seen it - just repeating what he told me.

4. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I didn't get it either. Hadn't clocked the age rating I had assumed it was an 18!

5. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I REALLY enjoyed it- it was very creepy and I, too, am shocked that it was only a 15. Loads of sexually charged scenes (though the whole cinema laughed when she turned over to see her Mum asleep in the chair).
    I found the odd moments of gore quite disturbing- the bit where she pulled the skin off her finger, and when she looked in the mirror to see herself scratching. It was very dream-like.
    I loved the way the mirrors in the studios were used- subtle little details like her reflection not quite dancing in time and moments when you could see her and her reflection, therefore you should have been able to see the film camera too, but couldn't.
    Also, the noise when her skin seemed to be reacting and 'goosing' made me shudder!
    Yes, the nail-file stabbing was my 'I can't watch this' moment but I kinda like films that can make me squeal like that. It was so captivating and beautifully filmed that you couldn't help but fall into the action. Shame the director bloke was so ugly, though ;)

6. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Umm... if he's talking about the bit at the start where she's dancing, it was a dream. She even told her Mum right at the start that she'd dreamt she was the Swan last night!