1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Black People's organs being stolen illegally! Can this be true?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Oct 1, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

A friend who is into conspiracy theories told me that black people's organs were being stolen and harvested. I was sceptical, I am not one for conspiracy theories. Then by chance watched a film called 'Get Out' In which black people were being kidnaped and brainwashed and made to work in servitude or as a sex slave. I must point out that the villain did say in the film that it did not matter what colour you were.

I found myself really creped out by this and googled the said conspiracy theory. Goodness me!

http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/03/...ting-of-black-mens-organs-is-going-unnoticed/

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/116108496625813399/

WTH!!!!

I need to go and lie down with a nice cup of mint tea.

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

[​IMG]

3. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

Is there really much difference morally speaking between kidnapping people to steal their organs and obliging them to live in such poverty and misery that they see it as the a viable solution?'

slingshotsally and sparkleghirl like this.
  4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Sometimes crepes are a nice alternative to popcorn.

delmamerchant, nomad and Didactylos4 like this.
  5. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Followed a link in your first link to this...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nto-Britain-to-have-her-organs-harvested.html

Not sure if that is what you meant but they mentioned the WHO intervention so the report has some backing.

I read of people selling a kidney years ago and it appears people can and have been exploited in this way or is selling implying choice? Link to Lunarita's post about choice above.

sparkleghirl likes this.
  6. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

Just a technicality but can anything be 'stolen' legally?

7. needabreak

I've had my heart stolen a couple of times. ;) Luckily it was eventually returned intact. :D:D:D

lexus300, InkyP, peggylu and 3 others like this.
  8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

There's a fair number of songs and poetry with he/she stole my heart in the lyrics.

colpee, nomad and zizzyballoon like this.
  9. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

When you have little choice and someone offers you money in return for something, sometimes you have no choice. The alternatives are far worse. Even if the 'offer' is something you really don't want to do, sometimes you have to do it. Then people say 'it was done out of choice'. No, it wasn't.

10. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Would it be better or worse if it were white people's organs that were being stolen?

sbkrobson likes this.
  11. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

12. needabreak

I agree and it knocks many of the perceived "problems" that we face in the UK into a cocked hat.

TCSC47 likes this.
  13. Postduif

Postduif Occasional commenter

A friend who is into conspiracy theories told me......

I'm sure I am not the only one who stopped reading at that point.

14. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Indeed it does. But there are still people in the UK who are having to make truly awful 'choices' out of desparation to survive. Choices that no one would want to make but they are left with little choice to make.

15. needabreak

I know and it is those most vulnerable people who the welfare state should be focusing on, not the rest of us and not forever but to facilitate their improvement in circumstances and ability to look after themselves if at all possible.

NB - I said "perceived" problems there are many so called 1st world problems that in comparison are not even problems, not really, they are just challenges or somewhat annoying to the people involved.

16. delmamerchant

The article would have been about that as would my post. But then the film depicted black people being kidnapped so I may not have been creped (creeped) out by it. who knows?

17. delmamerchant

I am sure you were not. :)

18. delmamerchant

I think there is a big difference in freedom of choice and liberty.

19. delmamerchant

:)
    who knows in this day and age but headlines are allowed to focus on sensationalism not syntax:)

20. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

There's not really much difference in 'choice' and 'liberty' for those forced into making such choices because they see no other alternative.

The big difference is for those who watch from the outside, and can codemn the former but shrug off the latter, kidding themselves that it was a "free choice" and something they did "willingly."