1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Black Friday deals

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jamiedoorknob, Nov 26, 2015.

1. jamiedoorknob

jamiedoorknob Occasional commenter

2. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Yeah. Very classy. With a classy name like yours, though, you are bound to be queueing up first thing...

3. jamiedoorknob

This was you in Chavsda last year.

[​IMG]

aspensquiver likes this.
  4. aspensquiver

Omg. You are hilarious. Don't give up the day job.

Lol

5. jamiedoorknob

Did anybody go to the sales or was it just aspensquiver?

aspensquiver likes this.
  6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I was on the 'phone to my sister earlier while she had Look North on-lunchtime. She started giggling when they were reporting on the Black Friday sales and showed a branch of Debenhams with a pigeon walking too and fro outside!!
    I've done most of my shopping on line, giving the postman plenty to carry!! :oops:

7. jamiedoorknob

I bought...........

nothing whatsoever.

lanokia likes this.
  8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Am proud to say that I have done no Christmas shopping whatsoever. In fact, I'm going to see how long I can hold out for. It's NOVEMBER!
    I may buy a little chicken and try to pass it off as turkey. Will anyone notice once it's covered in stuffing, chestnuts, pigs -in - duvets and gravy? No. I don't think so. They'll have been to the pub. Without me.

aspensquiver and cissy3 like this.
  9. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I bought a Delonghi bean to cup coffee machine (yes, I cracked!) reduced by 66%.

I have been researching and planning to buy one for a very long time, so not a reckless purchase, though I do feel a little guilty!

marlin likes this.
  10. inky

inky Lead commenter

I hate the frenzy and lack of dignity of sales but mr inky strolled down to curry's today and bought a samsung galaxy 8" tablet for £220. Seems like a genuine good deal for what has been an overpriced item.

11. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Oh. Is that good, inky? I bought a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet three years ago for £149.

12. aspensquiver

So funny.

13. aspensquiver

I never go to the sales. Aren't there sales all the time, anyway, these days?

14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I bought nothing, but a BT Hub arrived on the doorstep to replace the one that's not working properly. I asked my granddaughter what she would like and she wanted Zoella toiletries. No idea what they are. Her brother wants football clothes and an X box game. No idea which club or which game. Will have to communicate with the adults I fear.

15. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Yep, Look North throughout the day have been reporting that there's nothing to report

16. jamiedoorknob

No aspensquiver you didn't go to the sales. That's you on the right, at the reduced meat counter in Asda.

[​IMG]