1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

bit of a "straw poll"

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mangomouse, Oct 19, 2011.

1. just doing a bit of " research" as to try find out how many teachers who have gone/are going for an interview have been asked by their head teacher to provide proof that they are going /have gone to an interview? thanks in advance[​IMG]

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

never.

guess they have been asked for a reference

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

No, but to be honest it doesn't sound unreasonable and should be easy enough to prove.

4. just to fill in a couple of gaps ..... time was asked for 6 working days in advance via a leave form ....... and no other member of staff has ever been asked for proof...... and no "proof was required until after the event

5. Presumably you can just give the phone number of the school and leave it up to the Head to ring and confirm that you attended for interview? Maybe someone 'spotted' you out of school on that day and it has raised suspicions. Being defensive could land you in hot water. It really doesn't matter how many other teachers have been asked the same thing. If you are being accused you need to sort it out.

6. thank you for the replies ...... they do make me wonder even more as to what has happened to trust? does it still exist she wonders ........................wanders off to look for it

7. Never been asked but in a previous (NHS) life it was not unklnown to be asked to fill in a formc from employers, asking what time someone arrived in the depatment and what time they left.

8. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Of course, it could be that someone else has taken the mick at school and been a bit naughty! :-D

9. Nope. I was generally asked where it was and other details like year group but they seemed to be polite interest rather than anything else..although it could be a sly way of enquiring

10. I had 2 job interviews at my last school, where they were very into control, and wasn't asked for proof. Mind you, the expectation was that you'd tell them almost before you even thought of applying anywhere, so the management were a part of the whole process from the off. (And, I should add, a very helpful and supportive part of it - the control thing wasn't necessarily in a bad way, just very much making sure everyone knew who was in charge!)