1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Birthday tomorrow? Leap year baby?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hkpoppy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. My youngest son has a birthday tomorrow. I think that it is special as it only happens every four years. Several people, including his older brother (maths boffin) say that it is not that special in terms of calandar. Any other people got a proper birthday tomorrow? Anyone explain why it is not special? Sorry for mistakes, still getting better from broken arm and typing with one hand.
    poppy

2. It's my birthday tomorrow. I always feel that it's a bit more special when it is the 29th. Other years, I celebrate on March 1st. and it's just not the same! Happy birthday to all the other leap year babies out there for tomorrow. I wonder how many there are?

3. Well playleader29 it looks like it's just you and my son. Yes we do the same and celebrate on 1st March usually.

4. Wow! It is especially important to have a 60th birthday. I hope that you are going to celebrate it! My leap year baby has been in, has a streaming cold. All Beechams up and gone out to celebrate with bowling and meal with his friends. Thing just on the one show saying that it is a special day. Think maths boffin brother is a bit jealous. It is special. Happy birthday to any 29ers!

5. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

A new leap year baby entered the world today! My friend was induced yesterday (first child, 2 1/2 weeks overdue), but little Sofia decided to wait until 34 hours later to make an appearance!

6. Welcome to Sofia, what a great day to appear! I think that it is a special day, hope all that decided to propose today do well. Just over an hour left for those that do.