1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Birthday present ideas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hkpoppy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. My daughter will be 29 next week, she has been living and working in Spain for the last 10 years. I don't really know what to buy for her. I have already got some Dermalogica skin products. She is into exercise, swimming, kickboxing etc. I need to get something light in weight for about £50. One of her brothers is flying out there to see her and will take the gifts. Any ideas?

2. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer New commenter

Some exercise clothes? A bikini?

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Scuba Diving taster? x

4. Aqua dumbbells.

5. Could you club together with the rest of the family and get her a Kindle? Assuming she reads and hasn't got one - she can't be exercising all the time!

6. impis

impis New commenter

A kindle would be lovely. I'd appreciate a gift like that - exept that i've already got one!

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

A nice perfume - not in hand luggage though

8. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

I've lived in Spain for the last 10 years and I'm 34 so maybe you're my mum!
    I agree with the swimwear / bikini idea as the chlorine in pools here means that swimwear only really lasts a year and needs to be replaced. Plus it's very lightweight.
    I'm also thinking of getting a Kindle as books in Spain are so expensive and if she ever returns to the UK she won't need to pack up loads of books.
    It's my Auntie's birthday today and I got her a nice jewellery case, you can add to them and stack them up or use the top one for when you are travelling. I would quite like one of these: http://www.johnlewis.com/223914/Product.aspx