1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Birmingham City University any replies?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by bethp85, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Had an interview at Birmingham City over a month ago for a Primary PGCE, they said they weren't going to offer any places until they recieved the info from the Government.
    They said that basically no news is good news because it would be updated on GTTR pretty quicky if they had not accepted you.
    SO this is good because I haven't heard anything...BUT i'm being driven insane by the not knowing, theres to many 'what ifs'!!!
    Just wanting to know if theres anyone who has applied to Birmingham City who has heard anything at all? Just so I can put my mind at rest either way!
    Its so infuriating that the government are putting so many people in this position,I think if the government don't decide soon, we should set up our own prospective teachers lobby outside the Houses of Parliament!!

2. Had an interview at Birmingham City over a month ago for a Primary PGCE, they said they weren't going to offer any places until they recieved the info from the Government.
    They said that basically no news is good news because it would be updated on GTTR pretty quicky if they had not accepted you.
    SO this is good because I haven't heard anything...BUT i'm being driven insane by the not knowing, theres to many 'what ifs'!!!
    Just wanting to know if theres anyone who has applied to Birmingham City who has heard anything at all? Just so I can put my mind at rest either way!
    Its so infuriating that the government are putting so many people in this position,I think if the government don't decide soon, we should set up our own prospective teachers lobby outside the Houses of Parliament!!

3. I had my interview on the 12th Jan and I've not heard anything back yet. I'd love to know now but as you say, no news is good news for the time being. Let's hope we find out soon :)

4. Good to hear from you and know someone else in the same boat for BCU! fingers crossed will see you in September! x

5. I have my interview for primary pgce in birmingham on wed.! I wonder if you can give me any advice for the interview/maths test or written task? any help would be very much appreciated!

6. I don't know what advice to give you really. Just take your time and read things carefully.
    Good luck for your interview :) Let us know how it went!

7. Hi

I have my interview next week at BCU for early years. Just wondering if you
    can advise me on the interview process?

With Kind Regards

Safire

8. Hi

I have my interview next week for early years. I am too worried about the tasks and questions they may ask? Could you advise me or offer any help on the interview process please? I would be really appreciate it.
    With Kind Regards
    Safire

9. Hi, well my interview was for KS1 and 2 Primary, but I guess its probably simular. Interview was really easy going and laid back, only had one interviewer which made it all alot less daunting. Tasks were not too bad either really as long as you're prepared with an issue you can write and talk about you'll be fine. Maths task was as ok as a maths task can be!
    To be honest I think I've blocked quite alot of it out of my head, because I was so stressed for the whole day! Saying that they made the process as comfortable as possible so you have nothing to worry about!
    Hope it all goes well for you, I'm sure it will!

10. Hi all!
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I've been seeing on here that lots of other unis have sent out confirmation to people, but nothing for BCU! I'd have thought that now they've announced place allocations we'd hear something. I think i'm slowly going crazy with this wait...
    Sarah x

11. Hi I had an interview with them for Secondary PGCE not heard anything yet.

12. I finally heard from the BCU on Friday regarding my application for EY PGCE. Was notified via GTTR track..and received a conditional offer. Now expecting a letter through post detailing the conditions of the offer....bursaries being scrapped..news is like a poisoned chalice !!

13. Congratulations! When was your interview? I really hope it's not long now...
    I'm not even going to think about the bursary situation until I have to deal with it!

14. Hi
    Congrats on the conditional offer, I had my interview for PGCE primary last wednesday and my status on gttr has been updated to conditional this morning! I am delighted as I was unsure about how the interview went! I really hope this means that I have a secure place! To all who have interviews coming up, the whole process is very relaxed! The maths test is very simple - basic maths. The written task is also quite easy just keep in mind that you only have 20mins as the time flies by, I was left feeling very unsure about my written piece as time flew by and I didn't get a chance to re read what I had written, I also would have liked to elaborate more on my chosen educational issue but I was given the chance to discuss what I wanted to say in the interview. The interview itself was extremely relaxed, it was more like a conversation over a cup of tea than anything else. I had a lady interviewing me and she made me feel extremely comfortable! the questions were all the norm, why i want to teach, what makes a good teacher, etc etc. as she said herself there were no trick questions and she wasn't there to catch me out! Hope this helps anyone with forthcoming interviews, and remember just relax and enjoy. Best of luck x

15. Mine got updated to conditional this morning too [​IMG]

16. Thanks, congratulations also. I had my interview in November...so I have been waiting for ages! Glad that's sorted...just the bursary ...hmm

17. Hi everyone,
    I had my Drama Secondary PGCE interview at BCU in December and have been looking on the gtrr website for the last few months but still nothing. Finally got a call from the course leader this afternoon to say I had a place. Didn't ask what offer it was, I was too excited at the time, but I am so happy that I have been given the opportunity.It is unusual to receive a call but she said that because we had waited so long she decided to get in touch will applicants directly so make sure your phones are on :)

If you haven't heard from BCU since your interview, I would definitely say that they are considering you. If you were not right for the course, they would have probably let you know by now. I called the university last week and they said that they were in the process of updating applicants but its taking a while because of the backlog so i'm sure it wont be long before you hear from them.

Well done to everyone who has a place :)

If you h

18. Hello everyone

I seem to be in the same situation as a lot of people on here. I went for interview at BCU early Jan for PGCE Art and Design, the course leader said he would let me know more or less straight away whether it was a no, I havent heard anything but received an email on Wed from the course leader saying that I will hear shortly whether I have a place or not, was kinda hoping that it would be by the end of this week because I think im going slightly crazy with the waiting and not knowing. My second and third choices are now full so I am pretty much stuck although I have applied for a GTP but not heard anything back regarding interview. This is my 2nd attempt trying to get on the course as last year did not have enough work experience so went off for the year and did allsorts to better myself.

Has anyone else applied for the Art and Design PGCE and heard anything back

Lucy

19. Hello everyone
    I seem to be in the same situation as a lot of people on here. I went for interview at BCU early Jan for PGCE Art and Design, the course leader said he would let me know more or less straight away whether it was a no, I havent heard anything but received an email on Wed from the course leader saying that I will hear shortly whether I have a place or not, was kinda hoping that it would be by the end of this week because I think im going slightly crazy with the waiting and not knowing. My second and third choices are now full so I am pretty much stuck although I have applied for a GTP but not heard anything back regarding interview. This is my 2nd attempt trying to get on the course as last year did not have enough work experience so went off for the year and did allsorts to better myself.

Has anyone else applied for the Art and Design PGCE and heard anything back

Lucy

20. Hi Megan I also have an interview at BCU for the primary PGCE , did you find any information about the general knowledge test and what to revise ??? Or anyone else that reads this and has done the interview !! Please let me know what they are like and what to expect ..... Sooooooo nervous !!!! Thanxxx shell