1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Birmingham City primary interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by emilybanks90, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I have an interview at BCU for the early yaers pgce course tomorrow, and I was just wondering if there was anyone who has had their interview here already and could offer some points about what questions will come up about the current educational topic we are asked to research? And any other general questions that get asked during the interview?
    Any help would be very much appriciated!!

2. I have an interview at BCU for the early yaers pgce course tomorrow, and I was just wondering if there was anyone who has had their interview here already and could offer some points about what questions will come up about the current educational topic we are asked to research? And any other general questions that get asked during the interview?
    Any help would be very much appriciated!!

3. Snoopy1975

Snoopy1975 New commenter

I've just heard I've got an interview for part time general primary at BCU in April! I work in KS2 so I'm at a loss as to where to start to research! Have you got any tips?

4. Oh congrats on the interview! I had mine last Thursday and found out on Monday that I had been offered a conditional place! As mine was for early years it might be slightly different, but for the maths test I had to mark a childrens maths test, and where it was wrong had to write in the correct answer, and at the bottom we ha to write a 'teachers' comment! For the literacy test we had to learn about a current topic in education before the interview that we had to write about, we were given an article from the national curriculum (but could be anything) and asked our view on what was said and to relate the topic we had learnt to what we wrote. The one to one interview was very relaxed, just you and someone from the uni, questions I got asked were pretty general, some I can remember were; why have you chosen this age range? What qualities does a teacher need? Can you give an example of when you have seen teaching going well? How had you worked as part of a team? How do the teachers you work with employ behavioural techniques? Why BCU? Etc ao there wasn't anything out of the ordinary!
    Hope this has helped you!!
    Good luck!