1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Biomes

Discussion in 'Geography' started by snb93, Dec 7, 2016.

1. snb93

snb93 New commenter

I'm due to teach biomes (with a focus on the enviroment, rather than the animals) next term across Year 3 and 4 and I'm really struggling to come up with ideas and find resources. Are there any lesson ideas or resources that anybody knows of or have used that could help me out? I'm really stuck!

2. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

Perhaps this as a starting point;

http://www.geography.org.uk/resources?age=1&parent=29&immediately=yes

Rainforests is always a safe bet - you can look at where they are located, their physical conditions, the layers of the rainforest, the nutrient cycle (perhaps not at Year 3/4), who lives there (Yanomami resources - email me; you'll have to adapt them). They might be interested in the uncontacted tribes, who still live as their ancestors did. There's loads you can do, plus you need a bit of animal life!

I knew of a man who used the local botanic garden to create a rainforest in the classroom!

Good luck