1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Biology department help

Discussion in 'Science' started by LABSmith13, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I'm looking f or ideas about what biology teachers would like to see different about their department (constructive only as otherwise this page could fill up pretty swiftly!!) to improve it.

Basically there's a restructuring within our school whereby a position is opening for Head of Biology for KS3-5. I'm looking for ways of taking the department forward with innovative ideas and things which people may have tried or would like to try which would improve biology teaching and learning both in the classroom, extra curricular and general things around the department. There may be things that work in other departments which could betransferred across to any department.

Could be interesting to get some discussions going about what people thing and would like to change/improve. For example, have people had experience of having different animals in the department, do they work for interest or are they just a nightmare?

cheers

2. Hi all,
    I'm looking f or ideas about what biology teachers would like to see different about their department (constructive only as otherwise this page could fill up pretty swiftly!!) to improve it.

Basically there's a restructuring within our school whereby a position is opening for Head of Biology for KS3-5. I'm looking for ways of taking the department forward with innovative ideas and things which people may have tried or would like to try which would improve biology teaching and learning both in the classroom, extra curricular and general things around the department. There may be things that work in other departments which could betransferred across to any department.

Could be interesting to get some discussions going about what people thing and would like to change/improve. For example, have people had experience of having different animals in the department, do they work for interest or are they just a nightmare?

cheers

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

Plants and animals work if there is someone with enthusiasm to look after them, space to keep them and a back up plan for when the custodian gets flu for 2 weeks
    P

4. Create an aquarium in ur biology lab and probably a mini zoo...children are really attracted to life animals because it motivates them