1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Biology Books

Discussion in 'Science' started by Sibs38, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hi there,
    I am new to teaching Biology and I was wondering whether anybody could tell me which Biology books would be good for teaching in KS3/4.
    I am also happy to buy some old Biology books if there are any available in your department.

Thank you

2. Hi there,
    I am new to teaching Biology and I was wondering whether anybody could tell me which Biology books would be good for teaching in KS3/4.
    I am also happy to buy some old Biology books if there are any available in your department.

Thank you

3. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Established commenter

Biology for you is a good place to start as it covers all specifications in a fair amount of detail. If you know which exam board / specification your school will be following I would suggest getting hold of one of those books as well (and not necessarily the one your school uses)

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Biology for You' is an excellent book but the GCSE specifications have changed and I'm not sure if the book has been updated recently to accommodate these changes as we do not use it. There are a number of exam board specific books available, all of which have their merits, but are limited in content. I'd suggest a generic book as it also contains more and so encourages the reader/student to read around the subject.

5. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Established commenter

There is an updated version of Biology for You - we use it with our Triple Science students

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Thanks. I'll order one in. Great book.