1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Biology AQA Combined science exam

Discussion in 'Science' started by pyrites, May 14, 2019.

1. pyrites

pyrites New commenter

I’m hearing a lot of chatter on Twitter about this paper. Haven’t actually seen it myself yet though! What are everyone’s thoughts on the paper?

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I only had a chance to speak to our Foundation students - most of them seem to think it was OK - I haven't seen the paper yet.

3. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

Erm, aren't we supposed to keep quiet about any content... at least until the end of the exams season and national contingency day.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Really ?

I saw all the Biology papers this morning - I thought they were pretty easy actually (even the Triple paper).

This probably means Chemistry tomorrow is going to be brutally difficult

5. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

No, the content is now public. It is no longer embargoed, but it'll be behind various passwords so that next year's candidates don't see it before they get the papers in their Mock exams.
    There is a specific route for comments on the exams - the Standing Joint Committee for each Awarding Body. https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/exams-guidance/AQA-STANDING-JOINT-COMMITTEE.PDF
    If you have concerns, it's likely your comments will have more weight if they (a) go through the SJC and (b) are echoed by other Centres contacting the SJC.

6. averagedan

averagedan Occasional commenter

It was easy - almost as if it were a different syllabus to last year.