1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Biography Writing - Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gcsouth, Sep 13, 2008.

1. gcsouth

gcsouth New commenter

I'm doing this with my class this week. Does anyone have any inspirational ideas as a stimulus for biography writing? Was considering making someone up but thought this may be too similar to the 2008 writing task (we'll be using this for mock SATS). Other option is to research famous people - anyone know of good sites? Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

2. gcsouth

gcsouth New commenter

I'm doing this with my class this week. Does anyone have any inspirational ideas as a stimulus for biography writing? Was considering making someone up but thought this may be too similar to the 2008 writing task (we'll be using this for mock SATS). Other option is to research famous people - anyone know of good sites? Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

3. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

I don't teach yr 6 but I know they do John Lennon in our school.

4. We used Nelson Mandela's life-story. The children were fascinated and enjoyed learning about him. We used clips from youtube. I can email planning and resources to you on Monday.

5. we are also doing this and have to plan it this week. please could you send me a copy of your planning too?

Many thanks!