1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bin-bags & ghosts.

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by drumbrake, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Any thoughts on working in the middle east these days - have they calmed down with the medieval religion outlook or are they still ***?

2. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

I hear that there is a vacancy at the John Terry Kultural Kollege in Kuwait (KKK) that might suit you

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

The problem with the middle east is the folk there never took to Christianity. If they had have done the world would be a far better place. The is no corruption in Christian countries,no violence, in fact no problems to worry about at all. Come to think about it, the US could do worse than start a war some where in the ME a try to impose their world view.

Just a thought.

4. Yeah no violence in western nations as th uey're too busy exporting violence, corruption in the name of trade and mutual agreements. i have a short memory but who dropped the first nuke, destroyed vietnam and a minister who said 500 000 iraqi children were worth being starved in the name of sanctions. hypocrisy mate, so sort the facts before your racist posts.

5. On a nation of hapless victims.
    Now stop it the pair of you or go over to the opinion forum where you can spank each other royally.

6. MisterMaker

Is the Maths poster struggling to understand sarcasm?

7. aridion

aridion New commenter

Written by MM - 'The is no corruption in Christian countries,no violence, in fact no problems to worry about at all'

I do hope you are joking. If not, then I am afraid you are clearly misguided.

8. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Nope, MM is deadly serious.
    Which is why he took a job in a Muslim country. To bring civilisation to the masses.

9. MisterMaker

I do hope you're not a teacher, otherwise how can you be a role model for your students: read the whole thing, including the bits between the lines, to be able to gain an understanding.
    Where I wrote about sarcasm kind of gave it away.
    Jokes really aren't funny when you have to explain them to the audience. [​IMG]

10. Hahaha. Unfortunately, teachers, generally, have a very poor sense of humour. Try telling a joke that does not conform to this year's guidelines on political correctness!

11. Let's go out for a drink, M!

12. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Me too.
    So I give up. Who DID destroy the minister?
    This kind of thing takes me straight back to Wiggin in nineteen-hundred-and-frozen-to-death and my old Maths master Ellis Cockram who, when we missed the point, would sigh 'Ah, me no speakada Engleesh. Me only speakada Lomra Green.'

13. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

According to the latest you tube phenomenon, if we all grow dreadlocks, graffitti and fly post stylish posters in major American and World cities, and of course wear our bit of string with a printed dogtag whilst tweeting and facebooking we can change the world. Just watch Kony 2012 and feel good about how yippies can save the world.
    Obviously, letting the Ugandan authorities and the ICC* know where Joseph Kony can be found (estimates of his current LRA are much reduced) wasn't one of the four things you can do to help at the end of the movie (as he is in one of Central African Republic, DRC or Southern Sudan there clearly is no way to get a message out by say bbm or facebook or twitter or email - maybe a phone call could work).
    That would sort out the blighters.
    In reference to bin bags and ghosts, please use the correct terminology - ninjas and jedi.
    *International Criminal Court (not the Cricket Council before someone tries that)

14. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Not sure, but Bob Marley shot the sheriff (but he didn't shoot the deputy - Oh Noooooo)

15. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

As we're being determinedly non-PC there's also the one about the cowboy called Cecil who rode into town and shot up the sheriff.