1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bill's new frock!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by libby01, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,
    My school had the phone call on Friday to say that Ofsted will be in on Tue and Wed!! Have only been qualified for 2 weeks and am now going to be inspected!!!!! My literacy unit it stories that raise issues and I have been using Bill's new frock!! I want to really engage the children so thought about having one of the children (dressed in a pink dress) and being interviewed by the rest of the class for the (pretend) school newspaper! I am just worried about timing ' and follow on activities for the rest of the lesson.
    I would really appreciate any ideas/advice. Like I said I have only just qualified and this is my first class so feeling abit nervous!!!
    Thanks

2. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Could the children write some letters of advice to Bill?

3. That's a nice idea!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You could describe some people by their habits, sports, personality etc but leave their names out.Then get the children to match the names to the characteristics. This is a great way to discuss differences and stereotypes. Do all boys play football? Do girls play with dolls? What gender is a quiet, hardworking, non sporty, conscientious, caring, gentle person? Do boys cry? Can girls be violent?