1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big Write on last day

Discussion in 'Primary' started by roseangel, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Now I'm all for keeping working as long as possible but we've been told we've got to do a Big Write tomorrow, the last day of term! We have 2 assemblies tomorrow and a pirate party in the afternoon. Most teachers are changing classrooms and 6 staff are leaving so there is a lot of sorting out to be done. We have an Inset day on Monday but much of that has been allocated to nonsense ( sorry, important paperwork, targets, handovers etc). I am leaving so don't really care what the consequences may be if I don't do it but I just think it's ridiculous to expect high quality work to be achieved tomorrow. I had plenty of fun type work for them to do, all pirate related. I have a Year 1/2 class.

2. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Make your big write 10 mins long and ask them to write the silliest story they can. There, now you've done as you were told and can get on with the rest of your day! [​IMG]

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Or get them to write a poem to read out at the start of the pirate party...10 mins writing max.

4. I didn't do it at all in the end. We were instructed to make cards for certain people and that took all my available time.
    Do I feel guilty? Not at all!
    Did anyone ask for evidence? Not at all!
    What a waste of energy telling us to do it in the first place.