1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big write interactive games- not ICT

Discussion in 'English' started by anon4038, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any ideas of games I can play as starters for big write? I would like some games that are physical and get the children involved. I teacher year 1 and 2 and would love to have some activities to get them engaged at the beginning of big write that help them with punctuation and wow words etc.

any help much appreciated

2. Does anyone have any ideas of games I can play as starters for big write? I would like some games that are physical and get the children involved. I teacher year 1 and 2 and would love to have some activities to get them engaged at the beginning of big write that help them with punctuation and wow words etc.

any help much appreciated

3. kbewell

kbewell New commenter

Simple one but roll a dice with sentence starters on each face, ask children to finish the sentence. Or with Wow words on the faces. Or objects in a bag related to what you want the children to write about sing a song as you pass the bag around and ask the children to give you a sentence about the object with an adjective in it.
    or a set of picture and words one for each person ask the children to move around and find a partner then come up with three words to describe their picture/word or a sentence about it. you could get them to march around to music till they find each other.

Hope this helps.