1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big tiime help please

Discussion in 'Music' started by cmf, Apr 30, 2011.

1. cmf

cmf

Oh Errr. I have had a bad time recently and found myself backed into a coner. To cut to the chase can anyone please help. I have been given the task of producing Teenage dream acapella glee style. I feel this would take about 5 weeks with a group of 8 Students however, has anyone got the parts? I am a rock vocalist and really dont do choir parts however, I can do solo parts and put them all together but cannot find the parts anywere. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2. cmf

cmf

Forget it! I have been stiched up. The glee version is not
    acapella. Looks like someone is trying really hard to make me look stupid, ah well its been like that since last summer. Thanks for reading anyway.

3. casper

casper New commenter

You ok cmf?

4. By all means, I have some stuff scored on Sibelius so could email over - I've got versions of Sibelius 4 and 6 so can send them in either. Recent arrangements I did of 'Run' - Leona Lewis (SATB - with solo's) and 'Just the way you are' - Bruno Mars (SAT - with solo's) went down well with my lot and my music boys are predominantly rockers! Give me a shout if you need anything.

5. Hi Jennymus - my little choir would love that sort of thing. Please could you send me some files over? Thanks a million xx

6. My laptop has gone to the menders at work, it's the only place I have the files as I don't have Sibelius on my Mac. (I will of course be rectifying my stupidity at not backing up) I'm hoping to have it back Wed so will send them over then. Do you have access to sibelius? If not i'll find a scanner at work. They're a mix of SATB and SAT/B arrangements, any good?

7. Lol!! No problem at all! I've been using SAT/B - got some good singers just need more confidence and them singing stuff they know and like would help I think! Thanks so much :0)