1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big Schools Birdwatch?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Yorksteach, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Yorksteach

Yorksteach New commenter

I've only been working at my school since September and I've been told that the previous science coordinator used to get the whole school involved the big schools birdwatch. Has anyone else on here ever done it? It's new to me.

2. RSPB

RSPB New commenter

Hi Yorksteach!

Big Schools' Birdwatch is an educational activity that gets your class closer to nature. It takes just an hour and works for all ages and abilities. Basically (if you want to take part) sign up at rspb.org.uk/schoolswatch and we will send you a free ID resource.

There are two posters available, one for primary, one for secondary. There is also a set of A4 ID cards for early years.

Then, at some point between 4th January and the 12th February, spend one lesson or lunchtime with the children counting the birds that you see and submit your results on our website. Every class that submits will get a certificate.

We want as many children as possible taking part, from as many schools as possible, counting as many birds as possible to make this the biggest Big Schools' Birdwatch ever!

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.