1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big primary art- sculpture??

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by karene, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Were looking to do some art across school to celebrate the future, peace freedom and a new regenerated neighburhood. We also want to commemorate WWII in some of the elements (hence freedom and peace themes)
    We'd like a large outdoor sculpture maybe using recylcled materials but not necessariy somthing that makes a statement. Were open to all other suggestions too for other group art within the them for indoors or out. ANy ideas?

2. Were looking to do some art across school to celebrate the future, peace freedom and a new regenerated neighburhood. We also want to commemorate WWII in some of the elements (hence freedom and peace themes)
    We'd like a large outdoor sculpture maybe using recylcled materials but not necessariy somthing that makes a statement. Were open to all other suggestions too for other group art within the them for indoors or out. ANy ideas?

3. has anyone used company called Jamtart

4. Why not write a brief and let different artists respond to you and then shortlist and interview?
    If you put the brief out on the Arts Council's Arts Jobs (email bulletin) it will be picked up by lots of artists - or ask your arts development officer to promote it for you. This way you get lots of other takes on your initial idea!

5. If you are still looking for art workshops for your school then please have a look at CKLZ website. I can offer a range of workshops from sculptures to murals indoors and out. I am based in east london, but am willing to travel.
    Hope you find what you are looking for!
    www.cklz.co.uk

6. Hello, we are the Signs Of Life group, a Social Enterprise based at the Bromley By Bow Centre in East London. We have solid experience with all kinds of art projects for schools and health centres over the past seven years. From set design, murals, sculptures, printing to running workshops. If you are still looking for artists we can offer our sevices? We can work to all kinds of creative needs. Feel free to email us at thesignsoflifegroup@gmail.com or visit us at www.signs-of-life-art.com or www.bbbc.org.uk and look under the Enterprise Hub.

7. Kurly

Kurly New commenter

Have a look at artblock.org.uk if you are in the midlands

8. There is a great creative arts company called 'Darndog'. The main artist is youth work trained so can be used for all key stages.

9. that last site looks good anyone out there used them in primary?

10. I highly recommend JAMTART art workshops in schools. The company are comprised of fully qualified teachers and have all the current CRB checks and insurance etc.. Their projects range from mosaics, print, stained glass, ceramic tiles and fabric painting. They are very efficient and friendly, create a wonderful and exciting environment when they come to work in your school. I think the results are fantastic !!!!

11. have you used them or do you work for them?

12. Does anyone know if there's a website for the 'Jamtart' group?

13. I am currently looking into having some sort of art project/ commission, and have heard lots about Jamtart. I've had fliers posted to me for the last couple of years (as art co-ordinator). But have also seen many many schools with one or several of their commissions. They were also recommended to me by another Art co-ordinator who has had them in her school. They apparently are very 'complete' in the way they deal with the project and you dont have to worry about much.

14. HI, I'm desperately trying to get hold of Jamtart and I can't find contact details for them anywhere. DO you still have one of their fliers? If so could you give me their details so we can do a leaver's wall for our year 6, and they make a big mosiac?