1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big Hits: TOTP 1964 to 1975

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Serdinya, Apr 1, 2011.

1. I just spotted that this was on BBC 4 this evening. Whether you were there at the time or not - there's bound to be some good music (in amongst the not so good!).

2. Oo, yes, espesh from 1964-1970. Motown, etc.

3. Oooooo goodie! The soundtrack of my youth!

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

My karaoke anthem! [​IMG]

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There's 4 hours of TOTP stuff on Beeb4 tonight, starting 8:30pm. At the time of writing you have approximately 13 minutes left to hit your timer record buttons..

6. Lola!

7. Loving it so far, always laugh when I see Procul Harem as I used to think they were called Purple Harem.

8. I flippin' love TRex.
    Thanks for flagging up this programme, btw, I'd have missed it if I hadn't popped on here [​IMG]

9. I'd forgotten how really beautiful Marc Bolan Was.
    Osmonds, great loved em.
    Looks like my eraly night is out the window.

10. It's lovely to hear music that was actually played by real bands on real instruments (John Peel aside!) rather than over-produced, studio-based stuff isn't it?
    My plans for an early night also seem to have gone awry.

11. Oops, Demis. I know he was very popular but I never quite got him.
    Don't know if I dare admit though, I really liked the Wurzels. I even have an album somewhere.

OK I 've said enough.

12. Yeh.
    Crawl back under that stone.
    Some of us have only recorded it.

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

+1[​IMG]

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Mrs blazer is a big fan of the squeeking Greek (as Terry Wogan christened him). We went to see him in concert and in fact he was Brilliant!

15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It was bloody brilliant!
    Who'd have thought it.....Elton John playing with T Rex!
    Almost every song is already on my i-pod.
    Tune-tastic pop pickers!
    Soooo goood! [​IMG]

16. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Fantastic - watched the first 1 1/2 hours and recorded the rest. Tom Jones, brilliant as were my gorgeous heroes Bowie and Marc. Kinks great and the young Roderick Stewart. Real music. Loved the little snippets of info too. Peter Starsted amazingly creepy.