1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Big Bang at the NEC - Never Again!

Discussion in 'School trips' started by mrspearson, Mar 18, 2012.

1. mrspearson

mrspearson New commenter

We arrived at the NEC in Birmingham for the BIg Bang Fair at 10am - it then took the marshalls until 11.05 to park the coach, it then took us another 20 mins to get in the building. When we left at 2pm, they made us queue up to get outside like cattle. We waited half an hour before escaping through a fire exit and ringing our coach driver directly. We walked up to the first drop off point - had we not, I dread to think how long it would have taken us to get out. Put a dampener on the whole day. Never again.

2. mrspearson

mrspearson New commenter

We arrived at the NEC in Birmingham for the BIg Bang Fair at 10am - it then took the marshalls until 11.05 to park the coach, it then took us another 20 mins to get in the building. When we left at 2pm, they made us queue up to get outside like cattle. We waited half an hour before escaping through a fire exit and ringing our coach driver directly. We walked up to the first drop off point - had we not, I dread to think how long it would have taken us to get out. Put a dampener on the whole day. Never again.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I was there on Saturday! Where did they park the coaches? We put our minibusin N1 (which was the signposted coach park) . It wasn't full when we left or arrived. I can understand the delay on entry if you had to pick up passes. I went over on Friday and got mine (I live local). If you didn't get in till 11.30 and left at 2 you must have rushed round!

Did you go on the Shell Education stand? The girls from my school were working on there helping the kids to make the balloon powered cars and other experiments.

Where were you trying to get out? I never saw any queues to get in or out. The only queues were for the big shows.