1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beware the Ides of April?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by magic surf bus, Jan 22, 2011.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Easter's a bit odd this year. If you're planning anything for Easter it might be worth checking the term dates of any schools where you've been fortunate enough to have recent work. In my area the schools' holiday dates are all over the place, with local schools opting for pretty much any two weeks over the space of a month.

The good news is that you can be available for work throughout April, with no down time if you want. The bad news is if you take a break you may be missing the chance to earn something because some of the schools may be back.

The least lucrative week begins Easter Monday 25 April, with Wills and Kate getting hitched on the Friday.

Worth looking at anyway.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Easter's a bit odd this year. If you're planning anything for Easter it might be worth checking the term dates of any schools where you've been fortunate enough to have recent work. In my area the schools' holiday dates are all over the place, with local schools opting for pretty much any two weeks over the space of a month.

The good news is that you can be available for work throughout April, with no down time if you want. The bad news is if you take a break you may be missing the chance to earn something because some of the schools may be back.

The least lucrative week begins Easter Monday 25 April, with Wills and Kate getting hitched on the Friday.

Worth looking at anyway.

3. From my experience, the weeks each side of the holiday seem to be populated by healthy staff, rather than those taking the ****. Got to go in and do all the "We're going to the Canaries" and then the "Oh it was so amazing, you should have seen the XYZ" afterwards. Par for the course down here!