1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beware Lloyd Grosman's Chicken Korma Sauce!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lapinrose, Nov 14, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

It would as the botulism bacteria is spore-forming, so can withstand high temperatures .

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ermmmm......so why are you posting on the Cookery Forum? Just a question.
    But I agree, people do not deserve to be poisoned by manufactured food but sadly it happens. Not Loyd's fault though.

3. BelleDuJour

True. But there is still choice.
    I choose not to use these products. Supermarkets do really **** me off Lapin, not just for stocking ***** that can easily be made at home!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

To warn people about the sauce in case they have any lurking in their cupboard. Just an answer.

5. Not have a jar of ready made? How would I cope?? I am so sorry to disappoint you Belle, but I do have quite a few in the cupboards!
    None of them are Lloyd's though - I find them too oily and too sweet.
    I do love a good Patak, not the sauces the pastes. They are great!
    Patak pastes and Sacla pestos. All great for quick meals.
    The Patak's are great when we fancy an Indian but haven't shopped for one - we live about 15 miles from the nearest shop.
    The Sacla are for me, when I am the only one home. Again mainly because of the distance to the shops, work is still about 8 miles from the shops.

About the OP - it is comforting that only the one jar seems to be involved. Horrendous for the company and Mr Grossman though. Sad for the family as it would seem that the finger of blame will eventually point at them! Given that all we have been able to read so far is true!

6. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Made me laugh when I read it today:
    "Lloyd should work the angles with a new slogan:-
    Eat my sauce and you can sh*t through the keyhole"
    [​IMG]

7. BelleDuJour

Does a jar of mint sauce count? [​IMG]