1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bew reforms SATs...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by year6teacher93, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I wonder if Gove will take any of the findings on board? The bit about pupils being ill being allowed to take the tests rather than fail is good, as is TA in writing. About time.
    What gets me is that it's taken so long for any proper change to this stupid testing system at all.
    Anyone else have any opinions on it?

2. I think teacher assessment of the writing composition is a great idea - it will allow much more creativity and freedom without the time restrictions of a test, teachers will be able to use some good quality texts and spend more time on the creative elements rather than trying to get through every possible genre! Hopefully Gove listens - my only concern is that with all the budget cuts and lack of consultants for the LA I am unsure how it could all be moderated.

3. Let's hope some of the reforms are taken on board! Have you seen the other thread: https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/499762.aspx