1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bev Evans communication4all website???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by topteach, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Where has it gone? I haven't been able to access it for a few days now. Any ideas?

2. She came on the forums last week after she had returned from her holidays as I has mentioned that I was unable to get onto the site. She was unaware of the server issues she'd been having- I'm guessing she is still trying to get this error fixed :(

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. I don't think it helps that nearly every link you follow requires a new window to open. That must put a lot of load on the server if every user has many pages open at once.
    Did wonder why I couldn't get on recently.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

It's loading fine for me and I accessed it at school mid week without any problems

6. Everytime I try and log on it says Service Unavailable

???

7. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

Keep refreshing the page a few times, it does load eventually but is obviously having a few issues.

8. bevevans22

bevevans22 Administrator

Thanks for posting about the problem and for your concern.
    At the moment the site is getting an unprecedented number of hits per day: more than double the usual amount.
    The webhosts are aware and have been working on the problem but every time they sort it the number of visitors goes up again!!!
    The website is in the process of being changed but, while the change is happening, the original site will stay in place. Refreshing the page will help it reload and right clicking links to save itesm, rather than allowing pdfs and ppts to open over the web page helps as well.
    The website now has well over 2000 free resources in the Early Years section alone and my choice was to charge for more resources while the upgrade was happening to cover costs of hosting or leave the website in place as it is (with most things free of charge) until the redesign process has finished (the site will still remain mostly free after this process due to some of the design changes).
    I hope you can put up these little problems while the site is being redesigned. I am still uploading more free resources every week and completing requests as usual, which isn't bad considering it's a one person operation run by someone working in education full time!!

Bev [​IMG]

9. thanks bev, i think you are doing a fantastic job!!

x

10. It was a wonderful surprise for me when I stumbled upon it today. There are still some connection issues, but I kept refreshing. I haven't got an MS outlook, so is there an alternative way to contact Bev. Our school has 3 dinner choices and school packed lunch, hence I would need a IWB screen that is divided in 4.

11. Copy and post the address into whatever email system you use.

12. Bev I'd just like to say a huge THANK YOU for all the amazing resources on your site. It is my go to, absolutely top notch site for anything.
    It must take a huge amount of work, I don't know how you do it. Thank you so much.

13. bevevans22

bevevans22 Administrator

I'm really pleased you like the resources :) Thanks for the feedback!

14. happyhopey

happyhopey New commenter

a fantastic site, I'd be happy to subscribe