1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

better/best supply agencies North East

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hairdo, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hairdo

hairdo Occasional commenter

Thinking of registering with more agencies. Can anyone recommend? Who is best for pay and work allocation on a regular basis?

2. hairdo

hairdo Occasional commenter

Thinking of registering with more agencies. Can anyone recommend? Who is best for pay and work allocation on a regular basis?

3. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Depends where you are in the North East. Are you based around Newcastle or Middlesbrough? Many agencies are really Newcastle based, and some of their staff are worse at Geography than me, it seems! For Middlesbrough, I rate
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

4. I'm with 2 agencies at the moment, Capita and Teaching Personnel. They're in competition with each other as staff have stepped over to the other side. I've used this to my advantage.
    Capita don't pay the most but they've got me loads of work. Hardly had a day off. They contact me whereas TP expect you to hunt for the work. If you're prepared to work in some tough schools, then they will ring you more often.

5. Hi there, I'm registered with an agency called Celsian and they've been really good to be fair, I think they have a national number but have got offices all over, I think it's 0845 606 0676. The website is www.celsiangroup.com

6. I'd reiterate what the earlier poster said. I have found Supply Desk to be really good and most of the schools that I have been in seem to have a really good relationship with them. What I would be careful of are people like learninglady who seems quick to post on three different threads raving about Celsian - makes you wonder where the poster works I always find.

7. Hey there
    I'm registered with STC in Newcastle (01912112430), have been for about 18 months since I relocated to the North East from London. I'm hardly ever without work and have been to a quite few middle and secondary schools. I've built up good relationships with a few Secondary schools who often ask for me back on a regular basis. Rates of pay are competitive, I registered with 4 agencies when I first moved here but none of the others ever got me any work. I would recommend STC if you're looking for work anywhere from Durham to Northumberland.

8. manuscript2007

manuscript2007 New commenter

Hi I've just passed my PGCE and want to get some pennies coming in before starting job in september.

Anyone got any opinions on eteach/teachingpersonnel/select etc etc????

I'm based in Darlington and don't mind a short commute but just don't know where to start with agencies and supply. I've got a letter/certificate thing from uni stating my QTS but i don't have a GTC/dfes number.

will i still be able to register for supply and with who?

9. i have found the best to be LEA... contact the schools direct yourself.

also key stage recruitment are very good. they always seem to phone in advance and i rarely get a morning call. i've been to a couple of schools in darlington. supply desk used to be good but work tailed off for me so i left.

still the more the merrier.

10. p.s keystage and the LEA pay is very good. key stage only pay a couple of quid short of the LEA rate.

11. I have just registered with Capita Education in Newcastle, so friendly and helpful. Havent acually worked yet, as I am finishing off some University work. But I went in for an interview yesterday afternoon, and they rang this morning! so quick! With everything.. that was time to clear my enhanced disclosure aswell!

Nicola x

12. just wondering do you need to send the cv to any one inparticular when applying to do supply direct to a school or can you just send it to the email address from the website?
    regards
    keith

13. I registered with EYPS, they seem to supply to most of the North East as Ive got friends working for them from our PGCE who are all over. think its quiet a small agency as I always seem to speak to the same people but I like that and they always get me work. Thet pay me my correct payscale too.

14. Do STC pay main pay scale?

15. From my experience STC have never paid to scale because they charge schools less. I haven't worked for them for a while because of their low rates but when I worked with them I found them professional and helpful.

16. Ah thats good to know. EYPS pay me to scale and a few of my friends who work for them! I don't know what they charge the schools but they get me regular work so cant be that much.

17. Alex2916

Alex2916 New commenter

18. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

This post is over a decade out of date

19. Alex2916

Alex2916 New commenter

20. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

[This thread has been locked due to numerous comments breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Please do not post content which refers to individual schools, colleges or agencies. This is against the terms and conditions of the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.