1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BETT - Killer tech/ideas ...anything ?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by madcat, Jan 12, 2012.

1. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

O.K. Apart from Mr. Gove .
    What was interesting and/or excting at BETT 2012 ?
    (RM/Apple socks you are not allowed to reply)

2. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

O.K. Apart from Mr. Gove .
    What was interesting and/or excting at BETT 2012 ?
    (RM/Apple socks you are not allowed to reply)

3. The big buzz seemed to be around multitouch - so lots of kids all working on an interactive blackboard or one of those nifty promethean tables - and from reading the literature I can see some benefits to working on different elements of the same project together. Maybe I have been drinking the water... but I like the idea of collaboration that teaches you to trust and respect others.
    I didn't see much that blew my mind - Google and Microsoft lecture series were all very sales-y - and I ended up drifting over to play with the LEGO. That was cooool.

4. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

Is there anything at BETT worth looking at as far as secondary schools go?
    Possible interests: App development environments, collaborative platforms, finger-print registration, workplace video distribution kit, school management systems, lego/robotics, student bulletin SMS systems... and of course any nice "digital toys"